Provide programming and control board support for On-Air Talent.
- Operate control board for studios and remote programming.
- Manage program timing, operate syndicated programming, and play commercials.
- Monitor the technical quality of incoming and outgoing on-air programming.
- Support off-air commercial production, dubbing music to hard disk and programming automation computers.
- Execute playlists for server, tape, or simulcast programming.
- Assist with adjusting signal and programming content to ensure transmission meets federally mandated broadcast standards.
- Process time-out programming for accurate play back.
- Monitor and update weather, traffic and news reports into automation as needed.
- Check studio equipment for proper functionality and notifies Engineers of any technical malfunctions that affect the broadcasts.
- Handle emergency inserts (‘i.e. news updates, music, emergency alert system tests, etc.).
- Time management and attention to detail
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Flexibility in work schedule – availability for evenings and weekends a must
- Function well in fast-paced environments with multiple demands in tight timelines
- Works well in a team environment
- Skills with common software (i.e. Microsoft Office) and Windows
- Skills with Adobe Audition or similar audio editing software preferred but not required
- Experience with audio control board preferred but not required
- High school or equivalent